IPWEA represents persons involved in and managing, maintaining and operating local government and public works infrastructure and services to the community.
Our members include those working in the areas of roads, bridges, asset management, water supply and sewerage, stormwater systems, airports, cemeteries, parks and gardens, and coastal and harbour facilities.
Our role is to provide member services and advocacy that advance the professional and technical interests for our members that allow them to improve the quality of life of local communities by:
- promoting excellence in the delivery of ecologically sustainable public works and services
- facilitating the development and exchange of ideas information and technology
- fostering the personal and professional growth of members; and
- advancing public works engineering and services issues on the public agenda.
Through IPWEA, members can:
- network with colleagues at Branch, State and National Conferences, training programs and seminars;
- access publications and documents to assist in their day to day activities
- be involved in committees concerning particular topics which respond to technical issues and assist the Board in the lobbying of State and Federal governments.
- participate in continuing skills development through training programs, seminars and conferences.
- present papers at conferences, and attend workshops sessions and exhibitions.
- provide input into the IPWEA and other organisations’ news publications.
- be involved in a discussion forum for members
- nominate projects for Excellence Awards readily access information provided by other organisations.